Selection of photos from Claudia C. Magno
– Hello, Claudia. How would you describe this set of images?
– I love your selection of photos because they show some of the elements for what I usually look while photographing: forms, composition and geometry.
– As a photographer, what do you find interesting about urban environments and architecture? What attracts your visual attention?
– I´m an architect, what always attracts me are the relations of space, the subtle connections between elements and the references to the modernism. I like walking on thin line between figurative and abstract approaches.
– Which other photographic styles do you like besides architectural and urban photography?
– Since I live in Rio de Janeiro, I have a special affection for photographing beaches. I love the details of sand and sea, and I´m also fascinated by their color palette.
– What motivates you to be busy with photography, what is your goal as a photographer?
– Beyond the architecture, for many years I’ve also been involved with the visual arts, especially painting and sculpture. Photography is a passion and a continuation of this trajectory. Sincerely, I have no definite purpose other than to keep using photography to do a sort of visual poetry.
– Do you have a ‘dream location’ where you would like to take photos? Which city would you like to visit for a photo session?
– Not a “dream location” because I like photographing anywhere, however I have plans to visit Barcelona soon.
– What is your favorite camera?
– I always have a camera with me, so I prefer the small and unobtrusive ones. I use several compact cameras, Canon and Panasonic, and an Olympus E-620.
– Did you publish any photo books and where do you expose your works on internet?
– I have publish two books on Blurb: OCEANO and ESTRANHA GRAMÁTICA. I also participated in collective publications as Hypo-X-Series, a digital curation by Alan Wilson, HAPHAZART! magazine,Issue 01 and in the exhibition catalog Lo sguardo oltre | A look beyond by Maria Luisa and Anna.
I expose mainly on Flickr and at my website.
– Thank you, Claudia and best wished with your photographic work.