A selection of photos by Attilio Capra a.k.a. acph
red square and line
lines and strips
– Hi, Attilio. How would you describe this set of images?
– This selection of photos belongs to the project Hidden poetry. The urban environment is dissected by highlighting its poetical character, according to a compositional rigor of correspondences of lines and colors.
– As a photographer, what do you find interesting about urban environments and architecture? What usually attracts your visual attention?
– I like to find the detail that suggest the total. The human landscape tells about the people more than the people themselves.
– Which other photographic styles do you like besides architectural and urban photography?
– I am fascinated by the anthropological photography, because it can tell about people and places without the mannerism of journalism.
– What motivates you to be busy with photography, what is your goal as a photographer?
– Photography has always been my medium of expression, through it I tell myself who I am. Fortunately someone appreciates my work and buy my pictures.
– Do you have a ‘dream location’ where you would like to take photos? which city would you like to visit for a photo session? Which city would you like to visit for a photo session?
– I am attracted to all “non places”, I love the anonymous spaces, the suburb of the world.
– What is your favorite camera?
– The Leica M9, its compact size allows me to carry it always with me without sacrificing quality.
– Did you publish any photo books and where do you expose your works on internet?
– I’ve recently published the photo book Hidden poetry with Blurb. My works were published on several blogs and photographic sites (click here to view the list), my website is acph.viewbook.com and some of my projects are shown on Behance network.
– Thanks a lot, Attilio. All the best with your photography.