Selection of photos from gherm
The Fall of the House of Usher
– How would you describe this set of images?
– This set could be named Reflections on Architecture. Architecture is one of my centres of interest, but I like also seeing beyond… and reflections are a good way to do that.
– As a photographer, what do you find interesting about urban environments and architecture?
What attracts your visual attention?
– I like to walk in Paris (my city) with my camera. Its urban environment is particularly rich. I appreciate the juxtapositions and the oppositions of styles.
– Which other photographic styles do you like besides architectural and urban photography?
– I don’t exclude any style, a priori. In each picture, I try to look differently, with a preference for abstraction.
– What motivates you to be busy with photography, what is your goal as a photographer?
– Doing an image I never saw before is my strongest motivation.
– Do you have a ‘dream location’ where you would like to take photos? Which city would you like to visit for a photo session?
– I feel good in many European cities. The Italian cities, especially, are wonderful, I’m always surprised and delighted.
– What is your favorite camera?
– Canon EOS 40D. My ‘dream camera’ is Canon EOS 5D Mark II.
– Did you publish any photo books and where do you expose your works on internet?
– I’m a genuine amateur. My photos are on Flickr. No books yet, but I have 237 photos available on Getty Images. My pride : Canon used one of my pics for an ad!
– Thank you and all the best with your photographic work.