A selection of photos from Luis Reina a.k.a. lcrf
VACÍO AMARILLO/YELLOW EMPTY
Batalla de lineas/battle of lines
– Hello, Luis. How would you describe this set of images?
- Since I started my career as a photographer I have a small obsession: to avoid the multiple visual assault that generate a big city. And this fact is not a preconceived attitude, but something that came out of my eyes and, currently, only a psychoanalyst can decrypt ☺. This initial look has evolved from minimalism to abstract. And, in this search of the simplest form, the use of the color also has evolved up to coming to the monochrome color.
– As a photographer, what do you find interesting about urban environments and architecture? What attracts your visual attention?
– The taste for the composition is what attracts me most in urban settings and architecture. In these places I find the ideal set for working with forms and, to obtain this, the city helps me with its buildings, shadows, lines,…
– Which other photographic styles do you like besides architectural and urban photography?
– As a big fan of travel, I like to portray the places I visit. It’s at this point when starts what I call my “adventurer eye”. I like everything: monuments, landscapes, people.
- What motivates you to be busy with photography, what is your goal as a photographer?
– I am a professional in the world of advertising and photography is still a hobby. So my goal is to keep learning and have evolved into a unique style, something really hard to get.
– Do you have a ‘dream location’ where you would like to take photos? Which city would you like to visit for a photo session?
– My “dream location” has to be the city where I live. Only a deep knowledge of the city gives me the ability to reach the maximum abstraction. And this only happens in my city, Barcelona.
– What is your favorite camera?
– Canon has always been my favorite brand. Now I have a Canon D-7 and I am very happy with it.
– Did your photos get published in any photo/art-books or magazines and where do you expose your works on internet (website, blog …)?
– Yes. I publish my photos on my Flickr page, but I’ve also published two books through blurb: 080 and Minimal BCN.
– Thanks, Luis. I wish you all the best with your photographic work.