A selection of photos by Christian Beirle González a.k.a. Yushimoto
St. Johann von Capistran – Munich [1/2]
out of the light they came
They are reading books
Three Frames with Red and White Stripes
Herz Jesu Kirche – Munich
The Chamber of the Six Chairs
Pinakothek der Moderne
– Hello, Christian. How would you describe this set of images?
– Thank you very much Brancolina for this interesting selection. Those pictures are good examples of elements that I like to focus on: the impact of light, symmetry, perspective and cleanness.
– As a photographer, what do you find interesting about urban environments and architecture? What usually attracts your visual attention?
– In a positive way I am a very curious person and one of my favourite occupations is to pack my rucksack and go on “urban” discovery tour – there is so much to see and to discover out there, especially finding the beauty in the “ordinary” and finding less known locations is a nice challenge. I feel more attracted by details and I absolutely like to work on angles and perspectives and to elaborate on colors and the impact of light throughout the day. Generally I prefer interiors and more abstract and clean compositions.
– Which other photographic styles do you like besides architectural and urban photography ?
– In the past months I had a lot of fun of building up a nice collection of graffiti pictures that I mainly took in Munich. I enjoy the creative diversity, the spontaneity and the fun of this “art”. Besides that, whenever permitted I take the camera to the Heavy Metal concerts I frequently visit. I never published these shots in flickr, but in case of interest you can find them on my facebook site.
– What motivates you to be busy with photography, what is your goal as a photographer?
– I enjoy a lot the creative process of photographing: finding interesting spots, developing ideas and discovering and elaborating perspectives. I am happy with the results, whenever I believe that I have captured in a good way the essence of the architecture and I made a good interpretation of it.
– Do you have a ‘dream location’ where you would like to take photos? which city would you like to visit for a photo session?
– Amsterdam and Rotterdam are currently on the very top of my agenda – hope to make it there very soon! Besides that it would be fantastic to return to Japan and especially to Tokyo to dig deeper into this fascinating country and city. From the perspective of a photographer I was absolutely fascinated from Tokyo, which offers great architecture, interesting culture and diverse urban life to keep you busy for a very long time. Last but not least I would love to go to Paris to explore La Defense and to visit Oskar Niemeyer’s “Communist Headquarters”.
– What is your favorite camera?
– Currently I am a happy owner of the Canon EOS 550d with two lenses: Canon EF 24-105mm and Sigma 8-16mm. It would be fun to test the Canon EOS 5d mark ii.
Did you publish any photo books and where do you expose your works on internet?
– I am a truly amateur photographer. However last year I was lucky to get in touch with a start-up publishing company in Munich (Weitsicht Verlag) and together we published a Munich 2011 Modern Architecture calendar. For 2012 we extended cooperation by further publishing 3 calendars (Munich Modern Architecture / Berlin Architecture / Graffitis). Besides that some of my shots are available at Getty.