Selection of photos from elen@c
Red cube (2009)
Still stairs….. still red (2009)
Cartellino rosso (2010)
Giochi d’ombre (2009)
– Hello, Elena. How would you describe this set of images?
– The first three images were taken at the Fiera di Milano/Pero exhibition centre designed by Massimiliano Fuksas, I captured parts of the building with details in a distinctive red color. All these photos have a very strong geometric component that characterizes most of my pictures.
– As a photographer, what do you find interesting about urban environments and architecture?
What attracts your visual attention?
– I am an architect and I love architecture, photography stimulates me to visually explore it and differently appreciate it. I like to photograph architectural details, especially with a strong geometry. As Vladimir Nobokov once said: “Caress the detail, the divine detail”.
– Which other photographic styles do you like besides architectural and urban photography?
– Architectural and urban photography are my main interests, I especially like to photograph the art venues, galleries and museums because I’m attracted to the design of those buildings.
– What motivates you to be busy with photography, what is your goal as a photographer?
– To always improve in technique, never stop looking at everything with curiosity and to give a personal interpretation of what I see in my surrounding.
– Do you have a ‘dream location’ where you would like to take photos? Which city would you like to visit for a photo session?
– I would like to visit New York, Tokyo and Berlin, but in every city, every place, even where I least expect it, I can find what interests and inspires me.
– What is your favorite camera?
– I work with Canon Powershot G11.
– Did you publish any photo books and where do you expose your works on internet?
– My photos are published only on Flickr.
-Thank you, Elena and all the best with your photographic work.