A selection of photos by Akihiro Ueda a.k.a. akhr1961
– How would you describe this set of images?
– This selection of photos is the scenery of ordinary night. Landscape by devising a perspective will produce extraordinary visual effects.
– As a photographer, what do you find interesting about urban environments and architecture? What usually attracts your visual attention?
– I’m an architect. Day-to-day I observe architecture and urban environments as a landscape rather than a stand-alone architecture. I’m interested in visual spaces that are generated by textures of various materials, light and shadow, and reflections.
– Which other photographic styles do you like besides architectural and urban photography?
– I like to capture common scenes of daily life (street life in particular).
– What motivates you to be busy with photography, what is your goal as a photographer?
– I like to take pictures of daily life by changing the point of view. I am very happy there is a new discovery and inspirations.
– Do you have a ‘dream location’, where would you like to take photos?
– I usually take pictures on the way to work. Never take the time to take a photo. There may be a dream location if there is no time constraint.
– What is you favourite camera?
– I like to carry a compact camera, lightly everyday and anywhere. I have Ricoh R10.
– Have you publish any photo books and where do you expose your works on internet?
– I expose on flickr. Recently, on Facebook I’m uploading easily daily photos taken with iPhone.